The Kilbryde Hike
13th - 14th June 2020
The 2019 Hike had five different categories within it, to give a challenge at a suitable level for all, whether new to outdoor pursuits and hiking or experienced at hiking with excellent navigation skills.
- Senior Hike for teams of three - five young people, aged 14-18 on the day of the hike. Senior teams will cover around 25 miles over the weekend.
- Junior Hike for teams of three - five young people, aged 14 or under on the day of the hike with at least one member of the team being 14. Junior teams will cover around 25 miles over the weekend.
- Expedition Hike for young people age 11+ accompanied by an experienced adult or Senior. At least one member of the team should be aged 13 or younger. Maximum of 6 per team. Expedition teams will cover around 18 miles over the weekend
- Explorer Hike. A one day hike option for young people aged 11 years or older on the day of the hike accompanied by an experienced adult or Senior. Maximum of 6 per team. This is designed for those who are new to hiking. This category will only do the Sunday of the hike, and have the option of camping out on the Saturday night. Explorer teams will cover around 10 miles over the weekend.
- Veteran Hike for teams of three - five people of any age. Veteran teams will cover around 25 miles over the weekend. The cost is £15.00 per person. This category is ideal for people who have taken part in the hike over the last 50 years to come back and join us again.
The Hike is for young people in teams as described above, it is open to entries from all youth organisations, groups and schools. Teams are required to be self-sufficient and carry all equipment necessary for their safety. A kit list will be supplied in advance of the Hike. Expedition and Explorer teams will have a reduced kit list, with larger items being transported for them.
Entry for the 2020 Hike will open in late 2019.